Position Title: Vineyard Operator
Location: Trump Winery - 20 Minutes south of downtown Charlottesville
Wage: $13 to $15/hr with excellent benefits
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Holiday pay, Sick pay, Vacation, 401k, company discounts, educational opportunities
Job Type: FT - 40+ hours a week
- Vineyard duties include planting, pruning, canopy management, trellis installation and repair, and harvesting
- Ensure a continuous clean workplace
- Operates agricultural equipment including implements, tractors, sprayers, ATV, forklifts, etc.
- Train, direct, and motivate less skilled temporary workers
- Understand and comply with any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Manage priorities and workflow
- Hand labor will be the majority of the job with some time devoted to machine operation
- At least two years of previous experience and/or a combination of education and related experience
- Experience in vineyard or orchard preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Strong math skills required
- Forklift certified
- Commitment to Excellence and high standards
- Must be mechanically inclined, to help troubleshoot and ensure the safe operation and maintenance of vineyard equipment
- Ability to take direction
- Knowledge of agricultural chemicals and how to use them safely and correctly
- Ability to work long hours and/or 7 days a week during critical times – harvest
- Reliability in attendance and punctuality
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).